Gain Experience Through Internships at Carilion Clinic
Internship opportunities allow individuals to gain hands-on work experience and knowledge of a career field. Opportunities are available to current students and should be based on your career interest or program of study. Past internship opportunities have included human resources, marketing, information technology, interior design, finance and accounting. Opportunities may be paid or unpaid.
Clinical internships are not available. Nursing students seeking internships should consider the Nursing Externship Program. Please contact Hayley Ohl in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Must be a current student in an undergraduate or graduate program of study
- Students may participate during school semesters or breaks
- Academic credit is awarded only if approved by the student's institution
- Students who accept unpaid internships must be receiving school credit for the experience
- Students must submit a completed intern application and resume to be considered
- Applicants must also read the Code of Excellence manual and print and sign page 29 as part of the Application for Observation packet
- If you are planning to be on Carilion Clinic premises between Oct. 1 and March 31 of any year: Applicants must also fill out and submit the Flu Shot Form. If applicants would like to be considered for an exception, the Flu Shot Medical Exception Form or the Flu Shot Religious Exception Form must be included in the application packet.
Applications will be accepted during the following times:
Spring Semester (runs January-April): Apply 10/1-11/15 (notified in mid-December)
Summer Semester (runs May-July): Apply 2/1-3/15 (notified in mid-April)
Fall Semester (runs August-December): Apply 5/1-6/15 (notified in mid-July)
Mail completed application and resume to:
Visiting Student Affairs
P.O. Box 13367
Roanoke, VA 24033-3367
Applications may also be faxed to 540-983-1189. Incomplete applications and those received outside of the above deadlines will not be considered.
Questions about internships? Email email@example.com.